- Sunday lunch is apparently the longest lunch in the Portuguese daily life. It can even extend to dinner, and it's time for family gathering.
- Do I even have to talk about the Portuguese love for bacalhau?
- While the whole country does eat seafood, the northern part has preference for 'heavier' food like meat, etc. Tripas à moda do Porto (tripe with white beans) is the reason with Portuenses are called tripeiros (tripe eater).
- I don't even want to guess the amount of calory in </span>francesinha. From Wiki: Francesinha (meaning Little Frenchie or simply Frenchie in Portuguese) is a Portuguese sandwich originally from Porto, made with bread, wet-cured ham, linguiça, fresh sausage like chipolata, steak or roast meat and covered with melted cheese and a hot thick tomato and beer sauce served with french fries. Like, whoa....
- Randomly, I totally want a pasteis. ;A;
Thank you Lunie and Trevo for the info!